Thursday, September 8, 2011

Read the signs, people.

If you're so concerned about saving 25 cents on sausages, why would you not check the dates on the sale tag, just to be sure? I assure I'm not trying to "swindle" you, as you put it. I don't conspire to incorrectly label everything in an effort to steal your hard-earned quarters and dimes. Even though it's a smaller store, we keep busy and sometimes a sale tag doesn't get taken down the very second it expires. It happens. Employees are human and make mistakes.

It's not a matter of me maliciously failing to do my job. Taking down 70 or 80 sales signs all over the store while straightening shelves, cleaning, emptying totes, answering questions, and running the register, it's not inconceivable that a tiny sale sticker gets overlooked on occasion. The date's on there, right below the regular price. Read it.

Seriously, I will pay you 25 cents to stop grumbling and pouting and holding up my line.

No comments:

Post a Comment