Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wow. Really? An F-bomb over 50 cents?

So a customer cussed at me today when I told them I can't accept rolled change. It wasn't even that they had no other way to pay for a cart full of stuff besides rolled change and they'd wasted a lot of time. No, it was one thing, and one roll of pennies that was 50 cents out of a $1.53 or something. The customer had other change and paid with that... after scoffing loudly and informing me that it was "fucking ridiculous" that I wouldn't take their pennies. They continued to argue that because people had accepted their change before, I should continue to do so. I told them I was instructed not to, so they threw their other change down and stormed out of the store.

I'm sorry you can't handle the fact that even though some employees at some stores accept rolled change, I won't because I was told by my manager not to. I'm sorry that you can't pay me in nickels and dimes and loose pennies OH WAIT YOU CAN. AND YOU DID. And I bet it hurt. Man a roll of pennies is so heavy and I'm sorry not being able to unload it on me ruined your day. I'd hate to imagine how you handle real problems if such a tiny inconvenience causes you to cuss at someone who's being very polite and just trying to do their job.

I can't imagine what could be going on in someone's life that makes it acceptable to act that way. Your shitty day doesn't give you the right to take it out the complete strangers who cross your path. So you know what? Screw your shitty attitude. You will annoy me momentarily, but I'll be damned if I let you ruin my day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment